Mar28SatMessage from Pastor Dave and Margot March 28, 2020
This is Moments of Meditation with Margot
Dear Church Family:
I hope you are doing well in the midst of everything & intentionally having special times with Jesus. I took some notes from listening to Evangelist Lee Strobel this morning on "Trusting God in Worrisome Times". I want to pass these notes on to you to encourage you.
Praying has a better chance changing tomorrow than worry!
- Have you heard there is a virus?.....a virus of worry!
- We get spiritual amnesia when we get so worried over our future that we forget the past.
- Are you a slave to fear & anxiety? Our tendency to fear & worry goes beyond this pandemic.
- We get worried & nervous & anxious because we forget God's track record!!
- Let us be honest, we all worry. Last week I worried if we were going to get stuck in Panama in sunshine & 34o weather! Now that was with no pools or beach! (LOL) Will the Corona virus knock on my door? (now that is not funny) I worried about the lady seated behind me on the plane coughing away. What about doing church with no building, no people, no Pastor, no touching.......
-The disciples worried about feeding the 5,000 and as you know God miraculously intervened with 5 loaves & 2 fishes. Two chapters later the challenge was to again feed people but this time 4,000. Wouldn't you think the disciples would say: "Yes, piece of cake - God can do it again! But no, they whined & complained.
- Remind yourself how God has come through in the past!
Do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you & help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
Have I not commanded you? Be strong & courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord you God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you (Psalm 56:3)
- Christianity does not immune us against the virus of doubt but it does give us a good treatment plan
- Corrie Ten Boom said: "Worry is like a rocking chair. It keeps you moving but it doesn't get you anywhere"!
- The antidot for forgetting is remembering: And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your heart & minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:7)
PS If you wish to talk to Rebekah Peters, she is a Health Practitioner, about the health concerns she has made herself available: 204-990-4134 or email@example.com. Thank you Rebekah!